Current Members Privilege – Welcome back!
Ilfracombe GC will reopen on Friday 15th May at 0736hrs, as a courtesy to our current club members. Until June 1st, the course is solely for the private use of club members.
So that there is absolute clarity, Ilfracombe Golf Club will NOT be welcoming visitors or guests until further notice. We look forward to welcoming back visitors later in the year and new members from June 1st 2020.
However, restrictions are in place, and have already been communicated but we will continue to keep posting regular updates and feel free to share pictures on social media or email them to the club so that we can continue to share the positive news.
Open for your enjoyment and pleasure!
The course will open on Friday 15th May for the enjoyment and pleasure of the current club membership until we re-start on 1st June. All subscriptions must be paid by this date and all members who have paid previously will be refunded in due course, with details to follow.
A massive thank you and our appreciation to Mark our Golf Professional for keeping us fully briefed in the past few weeks and for all his excellent work introducing the booking & tee time processes.
All our members can now enjoy our beautiful golf course and play in conditions that meet current guidelines and we remind you to be safe, mindful and respectful of other members.
Common sense and courtesy will prevail
As we continue to adapt tee time booking in these early days and weeks ahead. Please respect and remember the rules in place for car parking, for access to the Pro. shop and the first tee.
As Mark has succinctly explained over the past few weeks, as a club we are following government guidelines regarding outdoor sports along with guidelines issued by England Golf.
The club officers have agreed the following policy for play;
1. Players may now play in pairs as opposed to singly as previously directed. Tee time intervals return to their original spacing of 8 minutes; tee times that were previously booked may have changed by a few minutes.
2. All bookings at this stage must be made through Mark, our Club Professional who can be contacted on;
01271 862176 ext 1.
Or email him in the proshop firstname.lastname@example.org,
Or you can use the online booking platform
3. Golf will be played in accordance with social distancing rules.
4. Parking within the car park should be undertaken in alternate parking bays.
5. Arrival at the golf course to be 15 minutes before play and you should stay in your car until a few minutes before your allotted tee time as at this stage the club house will not be open.
6. After play, you are to return to your car and not congregate outside the clubhouse.
7. The course will be marshalled to ensure that members adhere to the rules of social distancing.
8. Due to the clubhouse remaining closed at this stage, all equipment in both the lockers and trolley shed will need to be removed and stored at home.
To facilitate this you will be able to collect your equipment on Friday 15th and Saturday 16th. After this date access to the changing rooms will not be possible.
9. The only toilet facilities available at the club will be the ladies; for the use by both men and ladies for the foreseeable future.
The toilet on the 10th tee will be closed until further notice.
10. The tee sheet has been retuned to 8 minute tee intervals; first tee time being 0736hrs running to 1800hrs.
11. We are politely asking all members to be mindful of speed of play.
Try and increase the speed of play.
By not looking extensively for lost balls and you must ensure that you keep up with the players ahead.
12. Players will not be allowed to play through.
So it is even more important to be mindful of others and keep up with the players in front of you please.
13. Players will not be permitted to play loops.
If you only wish to play a few holes, play until you are finished and then exit the course, do not cut back in. This is to ensure social distancing and avoid crowding.
14. All course furniture has been removed.
There are no rakes, ball washers, bins or benches on the course and modified cups will be in play. When in bunkers please just smooth over any marks you may have made to respect golfers following you.
We understand that a number of these measures are restrictive, but we hope all members realise that the measures are required for the course to remain open.
If any member is seen to be breaking these guidelines, this will result in a suspension of playing privileges for the period of one month.
At this time we cannot second-guess the early demand over these first few weeks and may outstrip supply at certain times.
With this in mind it may become necessary to restrict players to playing only a few days a week or at alternative times to their normal tee time slots.
We are committed to keeping you fully updated.
We hope to be able to relax some of these restrictions as government directives and advice changes but what is absolutely imperative, is that we all respect the members around your and the current threat to our health and community.
Remain alert and positive to these guidelines.
Be Mindful – Be Alert
A gentle reminder, that if we all continue to show respect for each other’s space, and think about our actions, we can make sure that we can continue to keep the golf course open for the enjoyment of all our current club members.
Message from Mark our Pro.
Please remember that the pro-shop will be operating on a one in one out basis.
So allow good time, maintain distances and other member’s boundaries.
All players will be asked to sanitise their hands on entry with hand gel provided.
We ask that all sections of the club respect these guidelines and enjoy the course.
Message from Dean
Dean can be contacted in advance by a text message to 07789 681989
TEXT YOUR (1) Name, (2) tee time and (3) order the night before if possible!
Tea £1.50 Coffee £1.50 plus mixed cold drinks £1.30
Mixed pre packed sandwiches £3.00
Sausage rolls £1.50
Bacon or sausage sandwich £3.00 (pre order would really help)
Fresh fruit (mixed available) £1.00
£5.00 MEMBERS MEAL DEAL – Dean’s back to golf lunch!
4 items; 1 x drink, 1 x packet crisp, 1 x sandwich, 1 x fruit.
Dean will also be serving takeaway teas & coffees etc. from the double doors but orders in advance by text will certainly help us maintain the high levels of service.
PLEASE NOTE and continue to remind each other that these food and drink orders are to be taken straight back to the players cars or directly onto the course.
DO NOT be tempted to congregate around the clubhouse or Pro.shop
Everyone is excited to be back but please, please continue to remind yourself and other that these restrictions are government directives. What is absolutely imperative is that we all respect our fellow members, respect the 2m rules and much more importantly, respect the continued threat to our health and our community.
Remain alert ladies and gentlemen and positive about the necessary guidelines.