Ilfracombe Golf Club is now fully open. Everyone can again enjoy our beautiful golf course and play in conditions that meet current covid-19 guidelines and we remind you to please be safe, mindful and respectful of other players.
As a club we are still following government guidelines regarding outdoor sports along with guidelines issued by England Golf.
The club officers have agreed the following policy for play:
1. Players may currently play in 3’s in the morning and 4 balls in the afternoon.
2. All external bookings at this stage must be made through Mark, our Club Professional who can be contacted on; 01271 862176 ext 1. Or email him in the pro shop email@example.com. Members can use the online booking platform.
3. Golf will be played in accordance with social distancing rules.
4. The club house is open and social distancing applied.
5. We are politely asking all members to be mindful of speed of play. Try and increase the speed of play by not looking extensively for lost balls and you must also ensure that you keep up with the players ahead.
6. All course furniture has been removed.
- Bunkers: Current R&A rules permit the lifting and placing of the ball within 6 inches no nearer the hole. As there are no rakes, when leaving the bunker please smooth over any marks you may have made using your foot or golf club to respect the golfers following you.
- Immovable obstructions: All directional markers, yardage posts or bird scarers are to be treated as immovable obstructions ie if your play is affected by one of these items, you move your ball and do not touch the obstruction.
- Flag poles: All pins now have ball removers in place, please use your foot or club to utilise these devices. Please do not touch the flag stick in windy conditions, if the flag needs to be righted, this maybe done with a putter.
- Bins: There are no bins on the golf course. Players are asked to bring all waste off the golf course and use the various bins or recycling facilities that can be found around the clubhouse.
We understand that a number of these measures are restrictive, but we hope all golfers realise that the measures are required for the course to remain open.
We hope to be able to relax some of these restrictions as government directives and advice changes but what is absolutely imperative, is that we all respect the members around you and the current threat to our health and community.
Message from Mark our Pro
Please remember that the pro-shop will be operating on a one in one out basis and face masks are compulsory.
So allow good time, maintain distances and other member’s boundaries.
All players will be asked to sanitise their hands on entry with hand gel provided.
Message from Dean our Steward
We are delighted to announce that the restaurant has re-opened with a limited menu and 1 metre plus safety measures. The take away facility will remain in place. These services are available to golfers and non-golfing visitors.
Following England Golf and Government recommendations we would like you to be aware of the indoor arrangements that will be in place.
- All people are required to wait to be seated and be required to sign in. (Dean is required to retain this information for 21 days)
- All people will be allocated a table number and no one should change the seating arrangements
- Your order and payment will be taken at the table. Not at the bar
- Sanitising equipment will be available on entry and on each table
- There will be a marked one way system from entry to exit which you must follow
- Toilets are accessible via the marked exits
- Disposable cups and food wrapping will continue which you the customer will dispose of in the marked appropriate recycling and disposal bins
- Staff will be wearing PPE and you are encouraged to use face masks if you wish to do so
- At busy times Dean or his staff will have the discretion to ask you go when you have finished your food and beverage
- Finally, please do not use the indoor facilities if you have a new cough or temperature
The outside tables and chairs are available for a maximum of four persons to maintain appropriate covid-19 arrangements.
We hope that you will be pleased that the committee and staff have taken every effort to ensure everyone’s safety. If you have any suggestions for improvement to these safety arrangements we would be pleased to hear of any constructive suggestions.
These arrangements will be reviewed regularly and may be changed.
Everyone is excited to be back but please, please continue to remind yourself and others that these restrictions are government directives.
What is absolutely imperative is that we all respect each other, respect the 1m rules and much more importantly, respect the continued threat to our health and our community.